Updated August 26, 2021
Safety protocols required for fans attending shows at both Comedy Works locations.
CURRENTLY (as of August 26, 2021)
- Masks are required to enter and when not seated at your table.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
- Please have your vaccination card (or a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of the performance) and matching state-sanctioned ID ready for review upon entry.
Note: Home tests will NOT be accepted.
- Photos or digital copies of vaccination cards are acceptable.
- Digital copies may be obtained at: Colorado Immunization Information System website or My Colorado website
- If unable to provide proof of vaccination or negative test result, please contact the box office, 303-595-3637, or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the show for assistance. No Refunds will be given after the show has begun.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
- All customers must have proof of Vaccination to enter.
- We will no longer be accepting negative test results as an alternative.
- Masks are still required to enter and when not seated at your table.
Our vaccination policy will be implemented as an open-ended one, with any changes or reversals informed by updates relating to infection rates, transmission data, variant developments, and local and federal regulations.
HERE’S WHAT OUR TEAM IS DOING:
- All staff members have been vaccinated and will be wearing masks for your safety and theirs.
- Employees are staying home if they feel ill or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- Employees are required to wash their hands for 30+ seconds upon arrival and multiple times throughout their shift.
- Our showrooms are being cleaned and disinfected before and after every performance. Additional cleaning of common areas will be ongoing BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER every show.
- Menus are available digitally on your device via QR code.
- We are following local, state, and national health guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a picture of my vaccine card?
- Yes, as long as we can match the name with valid ID.
- Do you take home tests for the negative result?
- No, it has to be from a viable medical facility.
- What if I only have one shot?
- Unless it is Johnson and Johnson, you must have both shots.
Before Sept 30, 2021 you can show a negative test result within 72 hours of the performance.
- What kind of tests will be accepted?
- A negative COVID-19 test result (molecular, PCR or antigen) that was administered by an official testing center. Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry. Find a testing site near you, click here.
- I have tickets to a show that’s soon…What if I don’t get a test in time?
- If you have purchased a ticket to an event that is occurring between today and September 30, you are required to provide proof of full vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of the event. If you are unable or unwilling to provide the requested documentation, or if you do not have the ability to provide a test result taken within the 72-hour window, you may request a refund. Call the box office at 303-595-3637 or email email@example.com until October 1, 2021. No Refunds will be given after the show has begun.
- I am vaccinated do I still need to wear a mask?
- Yes, face masks are required upon entering & at ALL times when moving through the building.
- I still need to get my vaccine, where do I get it?
- To find a vaccination site near you, click here. We look forward to seeing you soon!